-->

Sunday, May 27, 2018

THE GDPR – A SPECIAL POST

When I opened my Old Testament Blog to upload today's post I found this message:


This must be the Blogger GDPR notice, but it does NOT appear in my blog. So I hereby take it on myself to inform my readers.

I posted the following three articles about the GDPR on Facebook on Thursday, May 24. The GDPR went into effect on Friday, May 25.

Grant Cottam
May 24 at 11:07am

Tomorrow the GDPR goes into effect. This article explains it. Today I got YELP's new Privacy Policy email, and over the past month or so I've gotten PP emails from many other services and groups I use.

This article claims the GDPR is a step forward in safeguarding your Privacy, but when I read YELP's PP document, what I got out of it is that YELP will "share" your information with unspecified "third parties" and will even allow unspecified "third parties" to gather their own information from you with cookies and by other methods.

And there ain't anything y'all can do about it, short of shutting down your modem and router.


Here's why you've been getting so many privacy policy and terms of service updates lately

All those updated privacy policy notices in your inbox are coming from a new European internet privacy law.

POPSCI.COM

Grant Cottam
May 24 at 11:10am

This is what the New York Times has to say about the GDPR.


What the G.D.P.R., Europe’s Tough New Data Law, Means for You

The European Union is introducing the G.D.P.R, some of the strictest online privacy rules in the world. The aim is to give internet users more control.

NYTIMES.COM

Grant Cottam
May 24 at 11:17am ·

Watch Joanna Stern's WSJ video on MSN. Then get started reading those nearly 400 pages of Privacy Policies.


To Read New GDPR Privacy Policies You'll Need a Football Field

Those updated privacy policies flooding your inbox due to Europe's GDPR compliance deadline on May 25 are so long that if you print out the ones from 30-some most-used…

WSJ.COM
I'm going to assume this Post complies with Blogger's GDPR requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment