-->

Saturday, February 24, 2018

LDS STAINED GLASS

This 8th Post is a follow-up to Post #7, about the Creation and Fall Chiasms. In that Post I included a couple of stained glass windows and my comment that "I've often wished we had beautiful stained glass windows in our churches. I'm certain there is a good reason why we don't. Maybe someone who reads this can bring me up to speed."


The First Vision - in the Palmyra, New York temple.

I posed a number of other questions: Why was Adam gazing at Eve in one of those windows, while Eve gazed at the serpent? Do angels have wings? Would Adam and Eve have been safe ten feet from a tiger after the fall? None of these gained any traction, which is what I've come to expect.

My comment about stained glass uncharacteristically elicited a number of responses. Emails were exchanged. Even though this has nothing to do with the Old Testament, I thought the answers were interesting enough to include them in The Use of Stained Glass in LDS Buildings.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! This really made my day.

I hope you read your Book of Mormon today.

No comments:

Post a Comment