-->

Thursday, July 12, 2018

HARMONY OF S-K-C I

In this 37th post, I'm going to show you part of a Harmony of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles that I put together between 2006 and 2011. This is one of my more ambitious projects, and the whole thing is 248 pages long. I've divided it into eight parts as shown in the table below.

Post 37Part I
Pages 1-30
Post 40Part II HARMONYPages 31-60
Post 43Part III   ofPages 61-90
Post 46Part IV    SAMUEL,Pages 91-120
Post 49Part V      KINGS,Pages 121-150
Post 52Part VI        andPages 151-180
Post 55Part VII         CHRONICLES Pages 181-210
Post 58Part VIII
Pages 221-240

Without further ado, here is my Harmony of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles, Part I.

These thirty pages contain parts of 1 Samuel (chapter 31), 2 Samuel (chapters 1-12), and 1 Chronicles (chapter 3, and 10-20).

There are several places in the Scriptures where you can find multiple accounts of the same events.

For example, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are versions of the stories of Jesus written by different men. In my second post, How I Got Started, I showed a page from a Gospel Harmony I made in Spanish on my mission in Uruguay. People have been trying to "harmonize" the four Gospels ever since the 2nd century AD. You can see an LDS version in your LDS King James Bible or online at Harmony of the Gospels. There are MANY different versions online.

In my 4th and 6th posts I presented my own Harmonies of The Creation of the Earth and The Fall of Adam and Eve.

Most harmonies attempt to put the events written by different writers in chronological order. In 1996 I put together a harmony of Omni, Words, and Mosiah in the Book of Mormon to keep track of where events were taking place as people moved around from the Land of Nephi, to the Land of Zarahemla, to the Land of Helam, and in the Wilderness. Read A Guide to Omni Through Mosiah.

When we get to Isaiah later on this year, I'll show you a harmony I created of the parts of Isaiah that are in the Book of Mormon. That will be in October. Gospel Doctrine lessons 36 to 40 teach some of the ideas in Isaiah.

I try to read the Book of Mormon every year. I'm lazy and didn't get started this year until January 30. There are 239 chapters. My goal was to read at least a chapter a day. I finished yesterday. This has done me a lot of good. You'd benefit from doing it yourself. I've started listening to the Book of Mormon in Spanish.

One of my projects, which unfortunately can't be presented in this blog, is a harmony of the original 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon alongside the 1985 Book of Mormon. I have photos of every page of the 1830 edition together with side-by-side text. I'd be thrilled to give you the whole thing on a DVD if you are interested. (Oh, I crack myself up sometimes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment