-->

Thursday, December 27, 2018

ANCIENT TEXTS AND AUTHORS

This 96th Post contains my Introduction to my List of Ancient Texts and Authors.

Notice how there is virtually no true writing until long after Adam and Eve were driven out of the Garden of Eden. People who looked like us, wore clothing, had fire, and used tools, had been around for at least 40 thousand years, but there was little innovation and no writing. See my Post People Before Adam and Eve, and my earlier post from my 2008 To Be Or Not To Be Blog.

I've collected books and online articles about the ancient texts for more then twenty-five years. About ten years ago I tried to summarize what I'd done in a series of Excel spreadsheets. I relied heavily on Wikipedia, which, in my opinion, is the best overall source of unbiased, factual information on the internet.

I had problems with the hyperlinks when I sorted the spreadsheets, so I never finished the project.

Now, ten years later, I've just revised the spreadsheet for the period down to 1 BC. I've checked the links and added some new material, but like almost everything I do, this is a work in progress.

"The Book of Mormon makes the solemn declaration that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. . . . When you read the Book of Mormon, concentrate on the principal figure in the book - from its first chapter to the last - the Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God." (Russell M. Nelson.)

No comments:

Post a Comment